Gill Arnett, Director of Positive Positioning is a chartered physiotherapist (no 058624) who is registered with the health professions council (PH 52983), member of the Federation of Small Businesses, member of the National Back Exchange
Gill is working with Careflex Seating to deliver training to Healthcare Professionals entitled “Seating Posture and Pressure Care Management: the essentials”
Volunteer physiotherapist in the poly-clinic in the athletes’ village at the London Paralympics 2012
Gill is passionate about safer people handling and the education of carers in safe handling techniques and the assessment for and training in the use of specialist equipment. It is important to make safer handling practical and interesting.
Gill graduated from the University of Bradford in 1997 and worked in the Morecambe Bay NHS Trust before moving to Leeds and working in the Leeds Teaching Hospitals then specialising into working with people with complex needs in Dewsbury Hospital. This interest has continued with work in Manchester and York Learning Disability Teams and Wakefield Wheelchair Clinic before establishing Positive Positioning Ltd in 2008.
Gill Arnett’s Qualifications
- Post Graduate Certificate in Patient Handling and Moving completed July 2010
- DSE Profiling course for physiotherapists completed May 2009
- Postural Care Skills Tutors course completed November 2008
- Institute of Leadership and Management Level 3 Introductory Certificate in First Line Management 2006
- Manchester College of Arts and Technology
- City and Guilds Level 4 Stage One Certificate in Further Education Teaching 2005 Manchester College of Arts and Technology
- MSc Professional Health Studies 2004 University of Leeds College of York St John
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy 1997 University of Bradford